IPTV on Samsung Smart TV
User Review( votes)
A smart TV is a digital television that is, Internet-connected for entertainment. Here we’ll learn how to watch IPTV on Samsung smart TV, using different ways and options.
Smart TVs are available as stand-alone products but regular televisions can also be made “smart” through set-top boxes that enable advanced functions. In other words, you can connect an IPTV box to a non-smart tv to make it a smart tv.
Besides being able to receive cable and satellite or over the air (OTA) transmission passively, smart TVs are designed with extra hardware and connection ports, as well as a TV operating system with a GUI.
How to watch IPTV using Smart IPTV player on Samsung Tv
Smart IPTV player
Smart IPTV player is a video player that is specially designed for use on specific smart tvs and android devices. For example, the only way to load IPTV playlist on Samsung smart tv is by installing smart IPTV player. As for Samsung, the Samsung app store have a couple of IPTV players but none of them can match the quality of smart IPTV.
Currently, smart IPTV player app compatible with:
- Smart TV with Android OS
- Samsung Smart TV with Tizen or non-Tizen OS
Uploading your playlist:
1. Go to http://my.siptv.eu and in MAC field put the МАС address of your TV (example: a1:b2:c3:d4:e5:f6).
2. In the Filename field press the “Browse…” button and show the path to your newly created file and press “Submit”.
3. Restart the Application on your device.
If your m3u playlist not working you can covert it with correct format from here:
As looking on below snap, you can remove playlist if you have already added. If you have smsung tv old, add m3u playlist in URL or upload using File “Browse” option. Make sure to check with “Save online” check box.
At last, smart IPTV is a best for playing your IPTV streams on Android TV or Samsung smart TV.
* The application does not contain any channels, you have to add your own, the application is free for a limited time to try it.
Samsung has suspended the app from the Samsung Apps Store, DO NOT uninstall it, if you want to keep the already installed application working on your TV.
How to Install Smart IPTV App on Samsung TV via USB
For reason that is not yet known, smart IPTV app is no longer available on the app store of certain Samsung smart tv. However, you can still install the app to your Samsung tv by other way. To get started with smart IPTV app on a Samsung TV, read the followings:
How to install Smart IPTV on Samsung TVs with Tizen OS (J/K/M/N/Q/R):
- First, Extract (unzip) the contents of the following Tizen Widget file to the root of a USB drive and insert it to your TV’s USB slot. Make sure the userwidget directory is located in the root of your USB drive. The application will appear on My Apps screen among other apps.
- On J series Tizen TVs, you can try turning off Menu -> Smart Hub -> App Auto Update to avoid losing the application on every TV restart.
How to load smart IPTV to non-Tizen Samsung TVs (E/ES/F/H/HU/J4/J52):
- Extract (unzip) the contents of the following Orsay Widget file to the root of USB drive and insert it to your TV’s USB slot. The SmartIPTV directory should be located in the root of your USB drive.
- The application will appear on a Samsung Apps screen among other apps.
Important! The application does NOT work on D series or older Samsung TVs.You have 7 days to try out the application. Afterwards, each TV can be activated after one time payment.
Options: Other IPTV Players
Some other options for Smart TVs that you can use for your android TVs.
You may also like: How to Watch Free IPTV Channels on Kodi